Saturday, September 19, 2009

UPDATE 9/20: My goal was reached last night! Thanks, and feel free to keep donating!
...
I'm very close to my fundraising goal to benefit the ALS Association. $50 more dollars and I will have reached $1000. Small donations are gladly appreciated.

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease," is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. In the fall of 2007, one of my good friends Scott was diagnosed with the disease. Since then, he has lead the fight to find a cure and benefit others afflicted with ALS. His indomitable spirit will be my inspiration as I train for race day, October 25, 2009.

I did my 22-miler this week. It didn't go smoothly, but I finished. Then next one will be better. Please visit my fundraising page:

http://web.alsa.org/goto/rpancoast

No comments:

Post a Comment