Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spectrum!

!!! ... I think it deserved a few more exclamation points.

I got into Spectrum 17! Spectrum is the leading annual of fantasy/sci-fi art, and apparently they got about 6,000 entries this year. I was pretty bummed the past few years when I didn't get in, but this makes up for it. I was so used to not seeing my name after John Jude Palencar, Anthony Palumbo and Dave Palumbo, that when I actually saw my name, I nearly did a double take.

Other than the great honor, its good advertising to get into the book. Plus, I might have an opportunity to display my work at the Society of Illustrators in NYC.

I don't know which piece(s) got in, but I'll find out soon enough.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Remember me when you're a big shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Which pieces did you submit for consideration?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.

    I'm not really any closer to being a big shot. Maybe I'll be closer when I can afford rent.

    I submitted five pieces, including three Magic cards. Jeremy Jarvis, the AD at Magic, submitted the art for Kor Cartographer and Nemesis Trap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats.
    Spectrum is career defining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Ryan, I'm 0 for 3 with Spectrum, enjoy it, your with elite company and you deserve it! Your work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, nobody told me this... and I have obviously been remiss in visiting your blog. Congratulations, Ryan!

    ReplyDelete