Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Updates, updates ...

I'll be honest. In recent weeks, I have sort of been climbing out of a professional hole. While fixing mistakes and trying to get ahead, I have not been blogging. Meanwhile, my friend Steve Belledin has been writing some great posts over at his blog. I'm feeling outblogged, so here we go:

While finishing assignments I can't show you, I have been gathering the last of my Spectrum entries. This year I'm making some changes to the presentation of my entries. For the first time, I'm using plain old CVS photo prints. These look amazing and even if the color is off a little, the price is right. Plus, I'm spacing out the delivery of my images so I won't be competing against myself on the judges table. If they accept more than one into the book I will know if my plan worked.

Also, I was so impressed with James Gurney's Color and Light, that I ordered the book most people read first: Imaginative Realism. I'm almost done reading it. I would love to show it to anyone who has asked, "What do you do?" It's the step-by-step textbook for any artist creating fantasy works in a realistic style. I'll say it again: I wish I had this five years ago.

I'm also working on personal assignments whenever I have a chance. My goal is to create three large scale personal pieces this year. I'm getting there in five-minute-intervals.

1 comment:

  1. Game Belledin. 'Course while I've been blogging, I haven't been getting my Spectrum entries together, so you may have the last laugh!

    ReplyDelete