Friday, June 5, 2009

We did it before you, Conan.

My life is basically focused on two very different areas: Illustration and Running. That's been reflected in this blog, I think. And the Running part of my life has been defined largely by an event in my college days. In 2004, my teammates at RIT and I ran across the country in a continuous relay. It took us about two weeks to run from San Diego, California to Annapolis, Maryland.

Fast forward 5 years, and Conan O'Brien takes over the Tonight Show. I guess he was feeling uninspired, so he decided to copy us:



It's actually pretty amazing how much this short intro brought back memories. To offer some contrast, here is a 27 minute documentary that we produced about our trip:



And if you want to know more, please please PLEASE pick up a copy of Coast to Coast. Its available on Amazon, but buy it here at Lulu.com because the cut for the RIT XC team and *ahem* the author is bigger.

Also, you can preview the book on GoogleBooks, but be sure to pick up a copy and not read the entire thing on your computer.

My family says its a good read. And they are not biased at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment