Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just putting it out there ...


I want to be invited to join Drawger.

Yes, I realize it's invitation only. Yes, I realize that there are only about 100 working illustrators on the site at this point. Yes, I also realize that my invitation to join would cause many people to question, "Why is he on here?

But screw that. I work hard. I've had some good clients so far. And eventually, I'll be accepted into the SI Annual (eventually). So I'm just putting it out there so that in 2, 5 or 10 years I can look back and say that on October 29, 2009, a goal was set. No real plan, just a goal. But that's how I've been operating for four years, so why change now?
Link

In early 2008, I told people at a party that I was going to have a Magic card illustration by the end of the year. In September 2008, I got my first Magic commission.

Earlier this year, I said I was going to have a book cover illustration by the end of 2009. No book cover yet, but a Broadway poster. And there's still two months left.

I got a new commission from Magic last night (sweet!) and when I get a breather I'll do another portfolio piece. I made a bunch of prints to sell at the Magic tournament in December. The postcards I sent out a few weeks ago didn't yield any results, so I really have to get into the city again and knock on some doors.

The work continues, because what else is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment