Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Worldwake 2

Card number 2 (of 3) in the Worldwake set. Last one is revealed tomorrow.

I'm not exactly sure what to say about the Khalni Garden art. Definitely a departure for me, and unlike most of the art I have done for Magic so far. Based on browsing the Magic: The Gathering message boards, people either love the art or hate the art. This is fine, as I'm simply glad my art is finally sparking any reaction.

Just so you're aware, Khalni Gardens was supposed to be overflowing with weird plants. The plants were supposed to be glowing with powerful green mana. I intended this green glow to be the only light source, as no outside light could penetrate the garden. Hence all the green.

Would I have made changes if given a second crack at it? Absolutely. Do I still fine it interesting? Sure. But here's something some fans may not have noticed: did you see the plant in the center of the piece digesting a humanoid figure? Khalni is huge and dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment