Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Cards

Just got the email I always look forward to (to which I always look forward?): my new commission from Wizards of the Coast. I'll be illustrating two more Magic Cards for their upcoming expansion set. Of course, the email is full of code names and security agreements, so I can't say much more. Wish it could have been more than two, but in this economy, I'm glad to get anything! This brings the total number of Ryan Pancoast cards to 10. My first cards come out July 17th.

The art director, Jeremy Jarvis, is a great guy to work for. He seems to trust the artists, which I think leads to a better product. I'll submit a sketch, and he'll send back a comment like, "Add more weird shit." And he trusts you know what he means. It helps that he's an artist as well.

Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment